Middle School Details
Our Middle School Program focuses on mastering the fundamental skills of volleyball while developing sport-specific strength and game knowledge. Athletes in this program are committed to honing their skillset while building a firm understanding of volleyball’s core tactics and concepts.
- Fall Season: August 28th – February 1st. Separate Spring/Summer Season to follow.
- Practice Days: 2-3 practices per week, typically held on weekday evenings but also includes occasional weekend position training.
- Practice Length: Main practices will run for 2hrs and position practices 1hr20.
- Practice Location: The NSSC, Berto Center, or LoVerde Rec Center.
- Practice Projections: Our Middle School teams will train on Mondays and Wednesdays for a 2hr window between 4:00-9:00pm. Final scheduling details TBD.
- Season Breaks: Our seasonal breaks will take place during the following dates:
- Thanksgiving Break: 11/22-11/26
- Winter Break: 12/21-1/2
- Season Concludes: February 1st
- Approximately 13-16 competition dates throughout the season (13 local, 3 travel).
- Local events are classified as any tournament our teams are able to commute to by car within <2 hours, so while in some cases your event may be out of state know that it can STILL be considered “local” (e.g. Milwaukee, Rockford, NW Indiana, etc.). The travel event we have slated for our Middle School Program is the SoCal Cup in Anaheim, CA, which takes place in January. We currently only plan to field our top middle school teams for this event, and would charge a separate fee of (approximately) $600 for those that are able to commit to this trip. Additional details to follow, but feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any specific inquiries.
- Coaching: All Middle School Program teams will have 1 Head Coach along with an additional “floater” coach for training support (1 per 2-3 teams).
- Price: When factoring in all of the costs that go into running a successful season, MOD continues to offer the most complete programming for our area at the lowest price possible! We understand firsthand that youth sports can be a large commitment, and we pride ourselves on being an organization that is committed to delivering the top-of-the-line experience our community has come to expect. Our season dues cover all costs associated with our scheduled training, tournament registration, coach compensation, and admin operations – the only additional fees that families are required to pay are for 1.) our Uniform Package (typically $250-350) and 2.) personal travel and lodging during competition weekends out of the area. While we are still crunching the final numbers for our 2023-2024 season dues, you can expect totals to land within the following range for our 12-14U teams. To learn more about potential scholarship opportunities or to better understand our cost projections please email email@example.com.
- 12-14U Cost Projection | $2500-2700